First Advent | 2017

As for many people, December is one of my favourite time of the year. When the 1st of December rolls around I just love to put a Christmas playlist on and dance like crazy. And then the count
down begins.
There are different ways how to do Christmas countdown. Either have a chocolate/beauty or any other kind of advent calendar that you open every day, or watch Vlogmas (vlogging every days until Christmas) on YouTube or have an Advent Wreath.
Advent wreath was originated from Germany with a religious meaning. However, throughout my childhood we would use an advent wreath as a countdown till Christmas. Four Sundays before Christmas we would light a candle, which was always our way for counting down the weeks till Christmas.
I love this tradition! And even though I am not in Latvia anymore I continue this tradition here in the Netherlands. I introduced Kevin to this tradition 2 years ago and now before the advent he always reminds me that we need to buy THOSE 4 candles.
This year I have also decided that I will try vlogging throughout the advent weekends + Christmas! Here you can see what we were up to in the first advent:



Comments

  1. Every year I watch vlogmas (it puts me in such a Christmas mood) and this year I have chocolate advent calendar! I have never had the advent wreath but in school I had a tradition to have one in each classroom (which was a lot)
    https://miss-uncover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment