My Amsterdam apartment: Before decorating

It has been around 6 weeks since we've been living in this wonderful apartment - so called home. It has been so busy with work that I have not had a chance to decorate it. Therefore, this post will be all about my bare (with furniture) apartment.

Our apartment is around 20 steps long and 5-9 steps wide (these measurements were made for ratio purposes so that I can draw semi-realistic house plan)

Bedroom: 
I love how small this room is, however, it is big enough for a queen size bed, a closet, a shelf unit and potentially two bedside tables. The room has two massive windows that brings a lot of light in the room. From the windows we see one of the main roads of OUD WEST but I don't mind the business and liveliness of the street as it adds the atmosphere of living in Amsterdam. There are some bits I want to add to this room to make it even more cosy for us to live in.



Bathroom: 
So so spacious! One of my favourite features about the place is the open shelfs which you see when you open bathroom doors. I want to make it look non-cluttery and pleasing for the eye (trying to make in Pintrest worthy). Of course the second thing which I absolutely love is the BATHtub. I have a lot of Lush products on my Christmas Wishlist so that I can enjoy them all in my bath.


Living room/ kitchen: 
This is where we spend the most of our time when we are at home. We were lucky that this room was furnished already - a massive dining table with chairs, a couch, Tv table, some shelves. Only thing we added was chest of drawers which we had in our old place. As you will see in the pictures the walls are dirty and there are holes - we will have someone coming in and painting these things very very soon. Afterwards I will decorate it with prints, plants and some cute stuff to make it super cosy.




I will definitely share when I am done decorating. It will take me a while to get there but I am excited to bring some personality to the place.
Ulla

Comments