Meal Planing: Why

I am a meal planner and I love it! It makes my life easier for sure. I first tried to meal plan in September 2015 for a few weeks but then life happened. Since June 2016, when my boyfriend and I moved in together, I am a legit meal planner.
So many people around me are fascinated by the fact that I do it and stick to it. Main questions I get are WHY and HOW. This post will focus on few reasons why.

Reason one: Back in 2015 my boyfriend and I did not have much money to spend for fancy meals, as we were students back then. So we wanted to save some money – so this was one way.
Reason two: Before we meal planned, I made a big meal that I could reheat throughout the week. However, that meant that I ate one thing for a week. So meal plan helped us to eat more diverse.
Reason three: In early 2015 I lived in Oxford, UK for 3 month. I was there by myself and my favourite meal was SALAD. My boyfriend laughed that I was eating “Rabbit food” all the time. I WAS because I loved it plus it was healthy. When we started our meal plans, I wanted to make sure we kept things healthy (and also my boyfriend was not up for eating salad for dinner at all, so I had to compromise).
Reason four and five: As I work now, I love that I am able to come home and just prepare my food and not spend time thinking what to eat and thinking what to buy. That is taken care of for the whole week!


So in my perspective, meal plan lets me stick to my budget, eat diverse food, stay healthy, have meal ideas and products when I come home from work! It takes a while to get in the rhythm and have a system that works for you. My next Meal Planing post will focus on some tips and trick that helps me make the perfect plan for the week.

Ulla

Comments